Mitie is a Times Top 50 Employer for Women for fourth year running
3 April 2014
Mitie has today been named as one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, for the fourth consecutive year.
The FTSE 250 strategic outsourcing company places huge importance on attracting, developing and retaining the best female talent, and providing a supportive and inclusive environment for its people.
Inclusion in the list, published in partnership with Opportunity Now, the workplace gender campaign from Business in the Community, demonstrates that Mitie has displayed strong leadership in gender equality, embedding a culture of diversity throughout the organisation.
Mitie recognises diversity as a key differentiator within the FM sector and has maintained a focus on gender balance through involvement with internal and external schemes promoting equality.
• membership of WISE (Women in Science and Engineering), the campaign to promote female talent in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics from the classroom to the boardroom
• a partnership with Working Knowledge, a social enterprise that creates chances for young people to open doors into employment
• setting up an internal women’s network, Women of Work, across the business to promote female networking, knowledge sharing and learning opportunities at all levels
• championing a dedicated maternity coaching and mentoring programme and focusing on flexible working to help retain female talent
• an externally chaired diversity steering committee, supported by a network of diversity champions throughout the organisation
Chief Executive of Mitie, Ruby McGregor-Smith CBE, the first Asian woman to lead a FTSE 250 company and chair of the Women’s Business Council, said:
“We are thrilled to be included in the Times Top 50 Employers for Women for the fourth consecutive year.
“As Mitie grows and diversifies, it is only by harnessing diverse talent at every level of the business that we will continue to succeed.
“We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive environment for all of our people, ensuring that we lead the way in diversity.”
Kathryn Nawrockyi, Director of Opportunity Now, said:
“Congratulations to Mitie on being included in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2014. The standard of entries was incredibly high once again, and they should be hugely proud of their success.
“They are a great example of strong leadership; of how putting gender equality at the core of a business can create real, sustainable change for women, organisations and society as a whole. I hope other employers will be inspired by their work and use it to accelerate progress for women in their workforce.”
For further information, please contact:
Francesca Litchfield, Corporate Affairs Manager
T: +44 (0)20 3123 8677