Providing a Decent Home means more to MITIE than just bringing social homes up to the Government Decent Homes standard. To us, it’s about improving people’s lives so they can be proud of where they live.
We understand the impact that Decent Home improvement works can have on residents, which is why our dedicated resident liaison officers (RLO’s) are on hand to engage with each and every resident before, during and after the work - so customers are informed every step of the way.
Our people will always make sure that they understand the individual needs and circumstances of each resident before we start any of the Decent Homes work. We do our very best to support them as much as we can and inconvenience them as little as possible. Whether that’s by:
- Reducing the time spent in residents homes by improving turnaround times;
- Accommodating residents daily schedules;
- Liaising with other family members or carers;
- Ensuring all services and appliances are restored as quickly as possible;
- Providing welfare and respite facilities for residents during the works;
- Communicating during every stage of the works and if required providing translation services.
What’s more our people are experts in all the main building trades, and always work in line with MITIE’s customer care codes of practice and policies. So, you can be sure that your residents and their homes will be treated with the respect and care they deserve from one of the UK’s leading Decent Homes contractor.
If you would like more information on the different services we provide please contact us.