Everything we do at Mitie is underpinned by our vision and values
Mitie’s culture is built on the simple premise of delivering ‘The exceptional, every day’ – our overarching commitment to customers, colleagues and other stakeholder.
‘The exceptional, every day’ is about Mitie being the best it can be – colleagues working together, knowing what to expect of each other and delivering the exceptional for customers. Keeping our promises. Day in, day out.
Our culture is one of the things that make us stand out
We’ve developed a culture that’s inclusive and recognises talent. We also pride ourselves in being open, honest, fair and hardworking, but we make sure we have fun at the same time.
Above all, we want you to enjoy coming to work every day, so we’re committed to ensuring that each and every one of our people are safe, motivated and engaged while at work.
And, naturally, in return for all of your passion and dedication, we like to give something back. Respect and recognition for a job well done are always top priorities and helping you develop your skills to progress your career is just part of a normal day with us.
It's important to say thank you - click here for more on reward and recognition
Our commitment is underpinned by our Purpose and Promises
Purpose: Our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers to be exceptional every day.
Promise to our customers: A trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Promise to our colleagues: A place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our culture - there are five core values that shape how we behave at Mitie:
We inspire our people to achieve - click here for more on learning and development
- We are one Mitie
- We are built on integrity and trust
- We go the extra mile
- Our diversity makes us stronger
- Our customers’ business, is our business
To make Mitie an even better place to work, we run an annual employee engagement survey, Misay, to get our people's thoughts on the way we do things as well as their suggestions for improvement.
According to our most recent survey, Misay:
It's the little things that count - click here for more on Mitie benefits
- 81% of our people said they were proud to work for Mitie
- 85% intend to stay working with us for the next 12 months
- 76% enjoy coming to work – mainly because of who they work with and the variety of their role
- 72% said they'd recommend friends and family to work at Mitie
- Our people described our culture as fair, hardworking, diverse, professional and focused on safety
- 82% agreed that in their business area they work together to help each other