What was the client looking for?
Nottinghamshire NHS Trust operates Rampton Hospital, one of three high security hospitals in England providing care to vulnerable patients. The Trust was looking for a service provider who would deliver excellent service with a particular focus on health and safety. They wanted to be confident they could achieve annual efficiency savings without compromising on the quality of service.
How did we help?
Providing a maintenance service in this environment presents a unique challenge, combining the complexities of an acute hospital with the security measures found in a prison.
Mitie employ a team of 45 people to provide the service 24-hours-a-day, 365-days-a-year, working in accordance with strict operating procedures. Our service is co-ordinated through the use of the Trust’s helpdesk system.
We've implemented a number of improvements including:
- Greater ownership of the Trust’s risk, and closer integration of the quality/risk manager
- Pain/gain system linked to key performance indicators
- Early warnings for flagging up rising project costs
- Monthly target cost setting, providing a focus for the operational team to resolve issues within budget
- Implementing an early warnings protocol for flagging up potential expenditure in excess of current Trust budget allowances
- Regular benchmarking activities and an open book accounting policy to ensure continuous improvement
You might also be interested in...