Who is eligible for a Stars Award?
The Stars Awards are open to anyone who works for Mitie.
What should I be nominating people for?
Stars is all about recognising and rewarding the people who go above and beyond for a customer or colleague. The five nomination categories should also help you understand the reasons why people are nominated. The categories are:
- Brilliant Customer Service - recognising the individuals who really stand out with the service they provide to a customer and/or colleague;
- Best Team - recognising the teams who’ve worked together effectively to provide an excellent service to a customer/colleague;
- Outstanding Act - recognising the individuals who’ve acted exceptionally in an unusual and/or difficult situation whilst at work such as dealing with a violent individual, using detection skills to solve a crime, fighting a fire, preventing a break in/robbery, or performing lifesaving first aid.
- Work Safe Home Safe! – this category is about reqarding Mitie people who have gone out of their way to promote andraise awareness of health and safety within the workplace, by recognising individuals and teams, who have displayed evidence of the following three behaviours:
WSHS! Supply chain partners:
Nominations may also be made for supply chain partners for one or more of the following:
- Sustainability – recognises people who have demonstrated a continued and exceptional commitment to one or more of the following: volunteering, diversity and inclusion, and sustainability (both within Mitie and for clients). The category will capture the achievements of people who help to make Mitie the diverse and sustainable organisation it is today. Please visit mitie.com/sustainability for more information.
Take a look at the nomination selection criteria on mitiestars.com or call our helpdesk on +44 (0)2392 322 121 for more information.
What constitutes a ‘team?’
In relation to Stars, a team is two or more people.
Can a team be nominated in the brilliant customer service and outstanding act categories?
The best team category is for teams that have worked together effectively to provide an excellent service to a customer or colleague so if you are impressed with the service the team has provided, it would make sense to simply nominate them in the best team category. Teams can, however, be nominated for an outstanding act.
Can Mitie people nominate other Mitie people? Even if they work in the same team?
Yes. Mitie people can nominate any of their Mitie colleagues.
Is it easy for our customers to nominate a Star?
The easiest way for customers (as well as everyone else) to nominate is:
How long will it take for a Star to be notified of their nomination?
All nominees will be notified by the end of the month following their nomination being made. All nominees will receive a letter of congratulations, a Stars Awards certificate and badge.
How will I know if the person I’ve nominated has won a prize?
If you nominate online, you will automatically be informed if your nominee wins an award. An email will be sent to the address you provide when you nominate. Alternatively, for paper based nominations, you can tick a box on the leaflet to be kept informed of your Star’s progress. After the judging has taken place, you’ll receive an email from the helpdesk informing you of the winners so you can see if your star has been successful.
When will the winners receive their prize money?
The winners will receive their prize money in their pay packet (at levels 2, 3 and 4) the month following their selection as a winner.
How are the prizes distributed for team nominations?
All prizes will be split equally between all team members.
What is the tax/national insurance position in relation to recognition prizes?
The money received by the winner will be subject to benefit in kind tax.
Who pays this?
By agreement with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), Mitie will settle these liabilities so the employee will receive the cash amount, grossed up, in their pay packet.
Can Stars winners receive shares of Mitie?
Yes, at level 4 and 5 (quarter and semi-finals) Stars can choose to take their winnings in Mitie shares instead of cash. They will be given this option in their confirmation letter.
Can we organise any extra/ replacement certificate(s) if needed?
Yes, just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details you require and the address for it to be sent to and the Stars Awards Team will do this for you.
Who do I contact for more information?
Call the Stars helpdesk on +44 (0)2392 322 121 (between 9am and 5.30pm Monday – Friday) or email them on email@example.com