At Mitie we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds – it creates ideas and insights. We believe everyone should have opportunities to progress, whether that is through working with amazing customers or individual learning and development.
This year, we were immensely proud to be recognised as 17th on the Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers list.
Our employee networks help support our agenda by allowing members to discuss issues affecting them with key decision makers, assist in formulating new and reviewing existing policies and procedures, provide a safe space for members to raise their concerns in a confidential environment, and provide an opportunity for members to update each other on local and national policy and developments. Each network is sponsored by a member of the Executive Leadership Team who is a role model for diversity and inclusion and champions the agenda across the Group.
‘Our diversity makes us stronger’ is one of the five core values that we promote within our business. We have a range of different diversity networks, to drive awareness and activity to support all colleagues and make Mitie an inclusive place to work for everyone.
Mitie’s employee diversity networks are designed to support and champion the following minority groups:
- Enable network, disability awareness and support – sponsored by Simon Venn, Chief Government & Strategy Officer.
- Engender network, gender equality – sponsored by Carlo Alloni, Managing Director, Engineering Services.
- Generations network, age awareness – sponsored by Peter Dickinson General Counsel & Company Secretary.
- CHORD network, ethnic minorities, particularly BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) – Sponsored by Jason Towse, Managing Director Soft Services
- Proud To Be network, LGBTQ awareness – sponsored by Allister Richards, Managing Director, Gather & Gather.
- Mitie Military network, to support our veterans, reservists and the families of people in the forces. – sponsored by Charles Antelme DSO, Head of Defence