Upload 2020: You Said, We Did
Making Mitie a fantastic place to work is one of our key priorities, which is why we run an annual employee engagement survey, called Upload.
In March, nearly 12,000 of you completed Upload and 7,000 of you also gave your feedback in our COVID-19 Pulse Survey.
The 2020 Results
people gave their feedback
improvement in engagement since 2018
Since the survey closed, our survey partner – Kincentric – has been analysing the results of Upload, along with the feedback given in our COVID-19 Pulse Survey.
The results show that we have made great improvements in perceptions of ‘employee brand’ (+8% points) and ‘career & development’ (+5% points). And we are doing well in ‘performance management’, ‘safety’, ‘manager support’ and the ‘understanding of our company values’.
The results also show that we have a lot more work to do.
You Said, We Did
Your feedback has identified four key areas for improvement:
- Communication & Culture: improving your perception of Mitie as a ‘great place to work’
- Reward & Recognition: improving how we recognise your contributions;
- Systems, Processes & Technology: ensuring our work processes, technology and communication enables you to be as productive as possible;
- Health, Safety & Wellbeing: ensuring that your health, safety and wellbeing are looked after.
Based on the comments and suggestions you provided in the both the Upload survey and the COVID-19 Pulse survey, we’re committing to taking the following action to address your feedback and make Mitie a ‘Great Place to Work’.
Communication & Culture
Improving your perception of Mitie as a ‘great place to work’
• Run employee focus groups to help us better understand your feedback, inform further commitments, and make improvements that really matter;
• Run Quarterly all-employee Town Halls with ELT to ensure clear communication of our strategy;
• Launch monthly ‘all manager’ calls to update on short-term and long-term goals;
• Launch our D&I strategy and plans to make Mitie inclusive for everyone;
• Communicate regularly with our frontline on an ongoing consistent basis;
• Launch mitiepeople.com to ensure our colleagues on the frontline can access news and information;
• Launch ‘The Mitie Way’ to ensure a ‘One Mitie’ approach to managing people and customers;
Reward & Recognition
Improving how we recognise your contributions
- Implement a career band framework to facilitate consistent, transparent, and objective approach to managing benefits and reward;
- Ensure that our frontline are aware of all the benefits available to them;
- Supercharge our recognition programmes and celebrate people who deliver the ‘exceptional, every day’;
Systems, Processes & Technology
Ensuring our work processes, technology and communication enables you to be as productive as possible
- Integrate SmartRecruiters, SuccessFactors, SAP, WorkPlace+, Learning Hub and Concur to save the need for data rekeying and to remove the need for multiple usernames and passwords;
- Move a number of core applications (including Workplace+) from Vodafone PCH to Azure Cloud to improve performance, disaster recovery and resilience to Mitie core applications;
- Enable multifactor authentication for everyone to safeguard our network and systems from cyber-attacks;
- Optimise Microsoft Teams to enable virtual collaboration across Mitie;
- Improve telephony platforms to improve user experience and resilience;
Health, Safety & Wellbeing
Ensuring that your health, safety and wellbeing are looked after.
- Launch an Agile Working Policy;
- Roll out Live Safe Training for all (Launched on 3 August 2020);
- Launch a digital wellbeing platform;
- Roll out a new ‘One Mitie’ Occupational Health and Wellbeing Strategy.