Phil was Group Chief Executive Officer of Cable & Wireless Communications plc from January 2014 until its sale to Liberty Global plc in May 2016. Prior to this he was a member of the board of Centrica plc from 2000 to 2013 whilst also Managing Director of British Gas from 2007 to 2013, Managing Director, Europe from 2004 to 2007 and Group Finance Director from 2000 to 2004. Phil’s prior non-executive directorships include IMI plc from 2012 to 2014 and Kingfisher plc from 2002 to 2010.
Skills and experience
- Executive and non-executive experience with FTSE 100 companies for over 18 years;
- Significant strategic and commercial experience at both national and global level;
- Extensive executive and leadership experience from across industry;
- Extensive financial, audit and risk management systems experience; and
- Accountant by profession, with a master’s degree from Oxford University and an MBA from INSEAD, Fontainebleau.