As the world’s 8th largest bank holding priceless assets, The Bank of England required a corporate security provider to protect its high security environment and List X buildings, working in collaboration with the in-house security team.
Mitie were awarded the contract based on 5 main factors:
- Density of officer resource in London
- Existing profile of financial and corporate clients
- Marketing-leading technology
- Exceptional customer service training
- A risk management approach delivered through our GSOC intelligence and SME management team
During implementation, the local Operations Manager, supported by the dedicated Mobilisation Manager, worked with the Banks Security Lead to create a Security Workforce Plan that confirmed:
- The required contractual hours of security officer presence
- The ‘core establishment’, i.e. the number of officers recruited and trained for the site to deliver contractual hours, against actual numbers of officers eligible to transfer under TUPE
- Any pre-booked holidays from the existing workforce and planned cover for these shifts
Because of detailed planning and a people centric approach to TUPE (led by our dedicated London HRBP), we successfully achieved a 98% transfer rate and had 80 personnel ready for contract go live.
In addition to ensuring 80 personnel were welcomed and inducted into the Mitie and Bank of England way, in order to enhance protection and customer service, we redesigned the existing operational model. This included:
- Detailed programme planning, including risk mitigation and operational readiness testing prior to go live
- Introduction of a dedicated Mobilisation and Transformation manager
- Local management support to each Bank of England site, from within our branch network
Our Transformational Commitments included:
- Creation of a competency framework
- A review of all procedures
- Introduction of staff performance measurement criteria for on-going assessment
- Due diligence assurance testing of all security plans, ensuring they are fit for purpose
In October 2019, the climate change activist group Extinction Rebellion planned a mass-mobilisation on an unprecedented scale. It was a well-resourced, highly-coordinated community that planned to descend upon London with the objective to “shut down Westminster”.
A unique security solution that combines technology with manpower, innovation and our GSOC (Global Security Operations Centre).
Security is a major priority for Canary Wharf Management Ltd (CWML) as Canary Wharf is one of the most iconic property developments in the world, with over 97 acres of prime office and retail development.