Mitie Landscapes have been working with this global real estate company since 2004 – a time when they used several landscaping suppliers across England and Wales.
Set the challenge of supporting and driving the company’s sustainability targets, Mitie set to work.
Immediately, we put sustainability at the centre of service delivery and established energy and waste reduction targets.
A dedicated Sustainability Manager was appointed to help drive stainability, with the following measures put in place:
- Development of a joint company Sustainability Action Plan
- Environmental research projects providing industry leading and cost-effective sustainable delivery methods e.g. alternative weed control
- Development and implementation of a 100% green waste to compost
- Joint company community landscaping projects
- Reviews and analysis of biodiversity at the company’s sites
- Sustainability awareness training sessions for the company’s Facility Managers and clients e.g. Japanese knotweed identification & sustainable treatment
- Industry collaboration to agree sustainability codes of conduct for grounds maintenance and gritting
By 2015, Mitie Landscapes were the company’s sole grounds maintenance and landscaping services provider in England and Wales, with service provision now including:
- Grounds maintenance
- Hard/soft landscaping
- Winter services
- Litter Picking
This company wanted to drive increased sustainability performance across their portfolio – evidencing our extensive capability to help deliver this was a key reason we were awarded the contract.
The company’s peak trading periods are during late Autumn and Winter, the time of year when the UK is subjected to it’s coldest and most hazardous weather.