Privacy and cookies
Visitors to our websites
We are committed to protecting your privacy and to respecting the personal data you supply to us. You may submit the following personal information to us through data entry fields on the Website:
- your name, job title, company, e-mail address and telephone number when completing an enquiry form;
- your name, job title, company, address, e-mail address and telephone number when signing up to alerts and updates;
- your CV if you submit this via the Website.
If at any time you wish us to stop contacting you, then simply e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not capture personal information without your knowledge or permission. If you choose to provide us with your personal details at any time, this information will be held by us on a secure server in the UK. We agree to keep and process all your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
We may collect, store and use your personal information listed above for the following purposes:
- to respond to your queries and provide you with services that you request;
- where you have given us your consent, to contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) with products and services which we think may interest you;
- where you have provided us with an e-mail address, to send you updates on MITIE;
- where you have sent us your CV, in connection with recruitment within the Company; and
- where you have given us your consent, to disclose your personal information to carefully chosen third parties so that they may contact you (including by SMS and email) with products and services which they think may interest you.
We may share your personal information with affiliated companies, as well as with our trusted partners to provide you with the best service. We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to any other third party unless you have consented to this. If you do consent but later change your mind, you may contact us and we will cease any such activity.
However, if a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal information to that third party in connection with the acquisition. We may also disclose the personal information you provide us with to third parties in order to comply with any legal obligation or any order of a law enforcement authority. We may use the information you provide to assist us with database profiling. This is aimed at improving the quality of this web service and the content we produce for you.
If you have any questions or requests about the Privacy and Data Protection section of these Terms, please contact the Company Secretary at (+44) 0117 970 8800 or by writing to us at Company Secretarial Department, MITIE Group PLC, 1 Harlequin Office Park, Fieldfare, Emersons Green, Bristol, BS16 7FN.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu for a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide.
A list of the cookies used on this website is set out below. By using our website, you agree that we can place these cookies on your device.
|First-party MITIE cookie ||ASP.NET_SessionId||Our website allows users to add pages to a basket. This cookie is used to remember what pages have been added to your basket as you navigate the site and expires when you exit the MITIE website.||Category 1: strictly necessary cookies. These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for.|
|Third-party Euroinvestor cookie ||ASP.NET_SessionId||Our website provides share price and investor tools that sets a cookie that is necessary to be able to use this service and which expires when you exit the MITIE website.||Category 1: strictly necessary cookies. These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for.|
|Third-party Google Analytics cookies ||__utma|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.||Category 2: performance cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited.|
Cookies set by other third-party sites
We sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube and Flickr or streams and buttons from Twitter and Facebook. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from these sites, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. MITIE does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these:
You have the right to:
- ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge; and
- opt out of any marketing communication that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please write to us at the address specified above.
Third party sites