Security & Fire
We are an intelligence-led security business. We know the best way to create safe and secure environments is by combining deep expertise of our people with the power of our systems, deploying the best technology. Translating data into meaningful insights gives our people actionable intelligence to deliver effective security solutions.
Mitie acquires RH Irving Industrials Ltd
We are delighted to announce the acquisition of RH Irving Industrials Ltd (RHII). The addition of RHII will enhance Mitie’s existing services in fire and security system projects, providing the design, delivery and management of integrated physical and electronic security systems and solutions.
With nearly 25 years of specialist expertise in the industry, RHII have built a strong reputation, particularly in highly regulated sectors including Critical National Infrastructure, Utilities, Construction, Defence, Transport and Manufacturing. In addition, RHII brings specialist capabilities to ensure safe electrical systems through earthing services.Read our press release
We are the largest intelligence-led security company in the UK, offering integrated, risk-based security solutions to fit your needs, such as; lone worker protection, guarding, fire and security systems, mobile security and more. Our use of intelligence and technology ensures effective and efficient use of your resources, delivering the best results for your security solution.
lone workers monitored
CCTV & alarm connections monitored
Our range of security solutions includes security personnel, mobile security, fire and security systems, lone worker protection, and safety and compliance.
Our guarding services ensure you have the best calibre of security personnel to protect your people, assets and environments. Our security officers are fully licensed and highly trained individuals, supported with first class intelligence and technology to deliver outstanding service. We work with you to strategically deploy your guarding solution in order to maximise efficiency and effectiveness.
We have a range of mobile security services to best fit your need. Our Security Industry Authority-licensed mobile security team can provide:
- Our BS 7984-accredited key holding service ensures rapid response to any incident or alarm activation on your premises. Our professional and BS 7858-screened security team will deal with any incident and manage the process, performing external and internal checks and contacting our Mitec technology centre immediately if emergency services are required.
Security patrols bespoke to your needs:
- Our professional, BS 7858-screened security officers provide a highly visible deterrent through scheduled and random patrols. We provide detailed reports for each patrol including date, time and if any action was required, providing you with a full audit trail.
Vacant property security & inspection:
- Through the expertise of our dedicated void property inspection team, you can ensure your organisation’s compliance with its building insurance requirements. We can also conduct thorough risk assessments of each site to create bespoke security solutions to keep your vacant properties safe.
- Should an alarm be activated on one of your sites our Mitec technology hub and alarm receiving centre will dispatch one of our mobile teams. We provide a detailed report for each incident, outlining the time of activation, officers responding, vehicle information, arrival time on site, and the action taken, providing a complete audit trail for your records.
Wireless security systems:
- To reduce unnecessary and costly call-outs for false alarms, we offer visual verification through our wireless system, Detect. This can provide real-time incident images in progress, that are monitored at our Mitec facility. This allows the team to accurately assess incidents and take the necessary course of action, including deploying a team on the ground, if required.
We deliver and manage highly complex, integrated fire and security system solutions. Our innovative, technology-based approach and end-to-end managed services provide a comprehensive view of security in any environment.
We monitor over 40,000 lone workers and over 10,000 CCTV & alarm connections, as well as maintaining more than 35,000 systems.
Our Fire & Security Systems services include:
Service support and maintenance:
- We combine local field-based service engineers and remote management to support your fire and security systems. Our multi-skilled team operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, providing preventative and reactive services. With state-of-the-art service management, we provide real-time management information at the touch of a button.
- Utilising ground-breaking tools, systems and methodologies, our teams develop tailored strategies and solutions that meet British and European Standards.
Security audits & Fire risk assessments:
- Through a comprehensive security audit and fire risk assessment, we can obtain a complete picture of your unique risk-profile. This ensures that any solution we propose fully addresses the specific needs of your business.
Installation and integration:
- Our flexible and scalable approach ensures we are fully integrated and aligned to your objectives. We provide experienced and qualified project managers to deliver your project on time and within budget.
Employers have a responsibility to protect lone workers and ensure they are safe at all time.
Our lone worker protection services provide the technology and processes that help to create a safe working environment. Our services include lone worker risk assessments, proactive protection via heartbeat monitors, reactive protection with ‘push for help’ and, thanks to our BS 8484 Lone Worker Standard accreditation, a guaranteed police response if required.
With our technology-led solution, you can be sure that all your workers are safe and secure, whenever they are alone.
Whether you have a single building or a national portfolio, ensuring your safety and security assets are compliant is critical. Poor operational performance, reputational damage and significant impact to life are just some of the risks resulting from the failure of these assets. We work with you to keep the maintenance of your compliance systems and assets simple.
Our in-house compliance expertise covers:
- Fire & security services
- Water & air quality services
- Doors & access services
- Electrical testing
- Property audit services
In addition, we can also offer safety and compliance services, all carried out by fully-accredited professionals. These services include:
- Consultancy services: Property and health & safety audit specialists can identify risks that may incur fines, prosecution or result in detriment to health. We produce reports pinpointing required actions for compliance with our online reporting system, Direct Audits.
- Safeguarding services: Our experts supply the testing, maintenance and remedial services required to adhere to required standards and legislation, with a particular focus on operationally-sensitive assets such as doors and CCTV.
- Information and certification: Our online management information system, Direct Audits, provides you access to all your audits, certificates and reports.
Securing your environments is crucial to maintaining the safety and security of your colleagues and visitors. With a range of solutions available, including high security steel perimeter fencing, PowerFence, we work collaboratively with you to ensure you have a solution that best fits your specific risk profile.
Through our wide range of products, we can support you in reducing the risks associated with vehicle-borne threats.
Whether that’s gates, bollards, barriers or more, we can provide you the assurance you need.
Supplying and installing complex earthing systems, our earthing services will protect you from the damaging effects of induced voltage, lightning strikes, electrical faults and surges.
COVID-19: Thermal imaging
Mitie Security is helping businesses mitigate against the spread of Coronavirus with the launch of a new suite of fever-screening solutions.Find out more >
Awards & Accreditation
Outstanding Contract Security Company 2020.
Outstanding Security Installer/Integrator 2020.
Outstanding New Security Product 2020 – awarded to Merlin 24/7.
Outstanding Security Team 2020 – awarded to the M&S Security Operations Centre team.
Outstanding Contract Security Manager/Director 2020 – awarded to Nav Kalley, Regional Director.
Security Manager of the Year 2019, Security and Fire Excellence Awards – awarded to Helen Hyman of Mitie.
National winner: Best Newcomer, British Security Awards 2019 – awarded to Lauren Summers of Mitie.
National winner: Best Team, British Security Awards 2019 – awarded to Eurostar Security Team.
Highly commended: Most Innovative Instore Surveillance Solution, 2019, Retail Knowledge 2019 Fraud Awards – awarded in recognition of the many ways that a retailer can utilise camera or surveillance technology, to bring benefit to not only the Profit Protection department, but also the wider business.
Highly commended: Most Innovative Physical Solution, 2019, Retail Knowledge 2019 Fraud Awards – awarded to Mitie and B&Q in recognition of innovative approaches to an existing, tried and tested solution or genre.
SIA Approved Contractor – Mitie Security Limited holds SIA Approved Contractor Scheme status for the provision of Security Guarding, Close Protection, Door Supervision, Key Holding and CCTV Monitoring Services
RoSPA Gold Award
NSI Guarding Gold in accordance with ISO9001:2015
NSI ARC Gold in accordance with ISO9001:2015
NSI Fire Gold in accordance with ISO9001:2015
NSI NACOSS Gold in accordance with ISO9001:2015
Mitie provided us with a seamless mobilisation into contract go live, a huge credit and thanks goes to our Account Director…the comms were consistent, and ownership was great. All sites went live, in line with the mobilisation plan in addition to rolling out the MI platform, Merlin.Senior Procurement Lead, Co-op
I just wanted to express my thanks for the tremendous support given by the Mitie security team at St Pancras following the strikes from the customer services and platform teams at St Pancras International…the security team’s commitment to ensuring the business operated as usual is a credit to the leadership from the management teams and should be formally acknowledged and recognised.Matt Rogers, Head of UK Security, Eurostar
This is the second time I’ve been party to this process with security providers and I am happy to say I’ve been really impressed by the care and attention Mitie has given the team.Store Manager, Lakeside IKEA
How can we help?
If you’re looking for more information, need to talk to someone about an enquiry or want to chat about your service needs, then you’ve come to the right place.
Please fill in our short form and a member of our team will be in touch.
If you have a supplier enquiry, please visit our dedicated portal on www.mitiesuppliers.com
Other Mitie Services
We offer self-delivered, end-to-end project services, from design and build through to commissioning. An experienced principal contractor, we manage and deliver a wide range of construction and refit work for our customers, right across the commercial, retail, industrial, social and domestic property sectors. Our in-house capabilities and specialist services include consultancy, design, construction, delivery, warranty management, project management and risk management.Find out more