- Mitie is providing key services at seven Coronavirus Regional Testing Centres, in addition to the five it already operates
- The Centres are based throughout England and Wales, at Ashford, Deeside, Ebbw Vale, Gloucester, Newbury, Ramsgate and Salisbury
- Services delivered at the test sites include clinical waste management, security services, such as traffic management and lane support, cleaning and catering
Mitie, the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, is building on its support for Britain’s efforts against coronavirus by providing services for a further seven Coronavirus Regional Testing Sites. The Centres are based across England and Wales at Ashford, Deeside, Ebbw Vale, Gloucester, Newbury, Ramsgate and Salisbury and are in addition to those located at Bournemouth, Inverness, Llandudno, Penrith and Perth.
As with the sites it currently supports, Mitie will be providing clinical waste management, security services, such as traffic management and lane support, as well as cleaning and catering for all employees based at the Centres. In total, Mitie will have around 900 colleagues working across the seven sites. With testing at the heart of the NHS Test and Trace service, Mitie will play a central role in supporting the UK’s coronavirus recovery strategy.
The opening dates for the sites were as follows:
- Beehive Park and Ride in Salisbury – 30 May 2020
- Hempstead Meadow in Gloucester – 5 June 2020
- Deeside Industrial Park in Deeside – 10 June 2020
- Victoria Road Car Park in Ashford – 12 June 2020
- Newbury Showground in Newbury – 14 June 2020
- Marine Colliery in Ebbw Vale – 30 June 2020
- Manston Airport in Ramsgate – 7 July 2020
In addition to the Regional Testing Centres, Mitie is providing a wide range of support to help the UK overcome the coronavirus pandemic. Mitie is supporting the NHS by delivering essential services at the Nightingale Hospital London, Ysbyty Calon y Ddraig, or Dragon’s Heart Hospital, in Cardiff and the NHS Seacole Centre, at Headley Court Surrey. The company is also helping keep Britain running by providing key services, such as cleaning, security and engineering, at critical sites across the country.
Simon Venn, Chief Government & Strategy Officer, Mitie, said:
“With testing at the centre of the government’s strategy to bring the UK out of lockdown, it’s a privilege to be opening more sites to support this important task. The rapid turnaround to get these centres up and running demonstrates the amazing things that can be achieved when public and private sector work together in a truly collaborative manner. We are so proud of all our frontline heroes who have worked hard to make this happen.”
Safe and effective cleaning is key to combating the spread of COVID-19.
Across the country, our security teams are ensuring buildings are kept safe, secure and ready to reopen when social distancing measures are eased.
Mitie is supporting the UK’s fight against the Coronavirus pandemic by providing key services at five COVID-19 test centres in Penrith, Inverness, Bournemouth, Perth and Llandudno.