We have worked with Travis Perkins since 2008, providing:
- Installation and maintenance services of all security systems
- Manned Guarding
- Dedicated Account Management
- Support Personnel
The company uses over 12,000 CCTV cameras across 2,200 Travis Perkins, Wickes, Benchmarx and TileGiant sites throughout the UK.
Services to this large and diverse estate are delivered through a 35 strong engineering team and managed by a dedicated account director.
Throughout our relationship, as the company has evolved and acquired new businesses, there have been several large upgrades, installation and integration projects.
In early 2018, we were asked to install 117 cameras in Travis Perkins’ fulfilment centre in Northampton:
The warehouse environment is extremely busy, with heavy goods vehicles arriving hourly, serviced by large numbers of staff and forklift trucks – the installation would provide Travis Perkins with a full view of their operation, creating a safer and more secure environment.
Minimising the impact on Travis Perkins’ day-to-day operation was critical. A rapid deployment was essential.
A dedicated project manager oversaw the planning and installation which involved the use of a large Mobile Elevated Work Platform to reach the large ceiling apex.
In the final week of the installation, a vital part of the equipment (the NVR) developed a critical fault and needed to be returned. A replacement unit was ordered. However, the proposed delivery time was sixteen weeks – this would have meant a significant to delay the project, causing both financial penalties and operational delays for Travis Perkins. By using our extensive supply chain, we managed to source a replacement like-for-like unit that was delivered next day.
A successful project handover was completed on time and within budget.
- Key to our success in managing such a large and demanding site portfolio has been the provision of a dedicated security systems engineer within the Travis Perkins control and monitoring facility. Our engineer has direct network access, allowing rapid diagnostics and first fix activity without the cost or delay in sending an engineer to site, which has significantly reduced system down-time and reduced reactive call out volumes.
- A national upgrade programme continues across the estate to bring legacy equipment and systems in line with agreed configuration and functionality. The program will see all 2,200 locations upgraded and integrated using Samsung CCTV and Honeywell Galaxy intruder systems, with remote access functionality for Travis Perkins’ dedicated command and monitoring centre.
- We are focused on generating further efficiency savings at manned security locations through better use of technology including ANPR solutions for gatehouse operations.
Following several years of great partnership, VSG (a Mitie company) were approached about outsourcing the in-house Security Solutions Team and locating them at one central location.
We managed to successfully transfer and integrate 127 in-house security officers, some of whom had been working for the Wilko family for over 20 years.